To apply to become a Substitute Teacher in Napa County, please send an email to the Credentials Department at: email@example.com
Please include the following information and the appropriate packet with fingerprint LiveScan will be emailed to you. Once you have completed the requirements, outlined in the packet, an interview and orientation appointment will be scheduled.
Please print or download the ‘Substitute Teacher’s Activity’ booklets Parts 1 & 2, and the ‘Special Education’ handbook by visiting the Resources section.
Information Regarding the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) website
CBEST alternatives: Based on California Education Code Section 44252 and 44252.6 candidates must complete the Basic Skills Requirement through one of eight available options:
1. Pass CBEST.
2. Pass a basic skills examination from another state (must meet CA standards).
3. Pass all three subtests of CSET: Multiple Subjects plus the CSET: Writing Skills.
4. Demonstrate proficiency on both the English and Mathematics sections of the California State University (CSU) Early Assessment Program (EAP), showing status as “College Ready” or “Exempt” in each section.
5. Demonstrate proficiency on both of the California State University placement examinations: the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry-Level Mathematics Test (ELM). For use of the EPT, candidates must achieve a score of 151. For use of the ELM, candidates must achieve a score of 50.
6. Achieve minimum acceptable scores on the College Board SAT examination: a score of at least 500 on the SAT English exam and a score of at least 550 on the SAT mathematics exam.
7. Achieve minimum acceptable scores on the ACT examination: a score of at least 22 on the ACT English exam and a score of at least 23 on the ACT mathematics exam.
8. Achieve minimum acceptable scores on the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) examinations: a score of 3 or higher on the College Board AP English and a score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus or the AP Statistics exam.