Substitute Teacher Information
The Napa County Office of Education maintains the substitute call list for all six (6) districts in Napa County. They are Calistoga Joint Unified School District, Howell Mountain Elementary School District, Napa County Office of Education, Napa Valley Unified School District, Pope Valley Union School District, and St. Helena Unified School District. Please note that each district is considered a separate employer and will pay the substitute individually. There is a constant need for Substitute Teachers and recruitment is ongoing.
All Substitute Teachers must provide the following to begin subbing:
- Fingerprint clearance for NCOE
- Fingerprint clearance and Certificate of Clearance (COC) for the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), if applying for your first Credential/Permit, or renewing a Credential/Permit that expired over 18 months ago and you do not have a valid COC
- Original, Sealed Transcripts verifying a Baccalaureate Degree or higher, or a copy of your valid CA teaching Credential/Permit
- CBEST passing scores or verification of other approved Basic Skills Test (Not required for Child Development Permits, CBEST Waivers, or those holding a valid Credential/Permit)
- Two (2) Letters of Reference within the last two (2) years
- Evidence of a negative TB Test or TB Risk Assessment within the last 60 days (Four (4) years for current school employees)
- Evidence of immunizations for MMR-TDAP-Influenza for those choosing to work with child care centers or preschools (NOT REQUIRED for TK-12th grade)
- Evidence of having passed a physical exam if new to CA schools or retired from teaching within the last six (6) months (Medical Exam Form included with Sub Packet)
- Certificate of Completion for California Mandated Reporter Training/Test for current school year
To obtain a Substitute Teacher Packet and LiveScan Form, please email the Credentials Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that helpful booklets on substitute teaching can be accessed on the Resources page. Feel free to print these materials for use in the classroom if needed.