Napa County Reads, coordinated by the Napa County Office of Education, is a coalition of educators and community members dedicated to improving the reading experiences of students throughout Napa County with an emphasis on middle schools. Each year the Committee selects a book which is read in the fall, followed by special events that include a visit from the author. The community is invited to join students in reading the selected book and attending the author events.
Teachers – Do you want your class to participate? Contact Seana Wagner, Napa County Reads Coordinator
Thanks to our generous Napa County Reads 2016 partners:
The book selection for 2017 will be posted in April 2017.
Top 10 Reasons for Teachers to Participate in Napa County Reads
10. Kick Off your school year with a great book.
9. Assist students in getting excited about reading.
8. Tackle Common Core Standards.
7. Go wide with interdisciplinary activities and PBL.
6. Follow through on character education.
5. Create space for coachable/teachable moments.
4. Stretch out with technology and social media.
3. Engage your students in exciting community activities to celebrate each year’s selection (and meet the author!)
2. Your district has given you approval to go forward.
1. No Pressure!
Seana Wagner, Napa County Reads Coordinator | 707.265.2351