Classified School Employees of the Year
2017 Nominations Open Now through February 17th
Do you have a favorite school secretary, teacher’s aide, custodian, or cafeteria helper? Nominate them today for this special honor!
- Nomination Form English DOC
- Nomination Form Spanish DOC
What makes a Classified School Employee of the Year?
The Napa County and California Classified School Employee of the Year (CSEY) Program highlights contributions of classified school employees to support the education of California’s public school students in preschool through grade twelve.
One award winner is chosen to represent Napa County at the state level from each of the following classified staff categories:
- Child Nutrition
- Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities
- Office and Technical
- Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance
- Support Services and Security
Who Qualifies for Nomination?
- Current classified employee of a Napa County public school (preschool through grade twelve), including charter schools, district offices, and county offices of education
- Rank and file employee, not in a management or supervisory position
- Minimum of five (5) years of service in nomination category
Who Can Nominate a Classified Employee?
A student, parent, colleague, administrator, community member, professional organization, etc. may nominate classified employees.
IF YOU NOMINATE AN EMPLOYEE: It is the responsibility of the nominator to collect three Nominee Recommendation forms for the Nominee. One of the forms may be completed by the nominator. Instructions and forms will follow nomination.
The Napa County Office of Education will form a representative committee to review the nominations and select candidates from Napa County to be submitted for consideration at the state level in each category. The selected nominees will be recognized at a NCOE Board meeting. The state level CSEY award winners will be honored during Classified School Employee Week.
Contact Seana Wagner with NCOE at 265-2351 or email@example.com for more information.
Past Classified School Employees of the Year
- 2016 Classified Employees of the Year:
- Ashley Bradford, Child Nutrition, Calistoga Join Unified School District
- Margarita Rodriguez, Office and Technical, St. Helena High School
- Therese Skjold-Jesch, Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance, Vintage High School
- Debbie Raines, Support Services and Security, Vintage High School *Also CA Classified School Employee of the Year
- 2015 Classified Employees of the Year:
- Ray Borgia, Child Nutrition, Canyon Oaks Elementary School
- Charlene Rabanal, Office and Technical, St. Helena High School
- Terri Reichenberg, Para Educator, Silverado Middle School
- 2014 Classified Employees of the Year:
- Jill Madron, Office and Technical, Canyon Oaks Elementary
- Amber Duckett, Para Educator, Howell Mountain Elementary
- Lisa Montelli, Support Services, St. Helena Primary School
- 2013 Classified Employees of the Year:
- Tim Conley, Maintenance, NCOE
- Ellen Sitter, Office & Technical, NCOE
- Richie Hlavasa, Para Educator, Calistoga Elementary
- Crystal Pettigrew, Support Services, NCOE
- 2012 Classified Employee of the Year:
- Christine Mitchell, Office & Technical, Mt. George Elementary