The Mission of NCOE – a flexible, county-wide educational resource – is to offer a broad range of student services in response to changing community needs, to support and collaborate with local school districts, and to disseminate research-based best practices to educators locally and statewide.
If we can assist you in any way, please contact us at 707-253-6810. You can also search our directory for staff. To see a list of NCOE holidays when our office is closed please see the NCOE Holiday Calendar.
In the News
October 5, 2015:
- Napa County Office of Education Part 1 – Overview
- Napa County Office of Education Part 2 – Early Digital Literacy
- Napa County Office of Education Part 3 – Napa County Reads
April 10, 2015:
- NCOE Overview
- NCOE Court and Community Schools- Part 1
- NCOE Court and Community Schools – Part 2
- NCOE Expanded Learning
- “Nine Habits of Likable Leaders” – CA School Business Magazine
- “Promising changes in our schools” – Napa Valley Register editorial
- NCOE is Featured for “League of Innovative Schools” by Digital Promise
- Digital Innovation in Learning Awards, “We are Family” – Dr. Barbara Nemko by EdSurge
- Barbara Nemko explains how technology is reshaping education – NapaBroadcasting.com
For Districts and Schools
- Fiscal oversight of our five school districts, as well as critical business services including payroll, credentialing and grant writing.
- Assists districts and schools with resources, expertise and coordination for a variety of programs and mandated activities such as Common Core implementation and our popular Teacher Dinner Series for technology training.
- The Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment program offers support and classes for first- and second-year teachers.
- The Curriculum Library provides a wealth of materials including assistive technology available for free, on loan to teachers and parents.
- Ed1stop, with free online access for most Napa County teachers and students to valuable academic and entertaining resources such as thousands of videos on Discovery Education Streaming.
- Heron Lake Challenge ROPES course is available for field trips and team building.
- Career Technical Education services such as Biotechnology, Digital Media, and Medical Assisting classes on high school campuses. Provide college and career readiness web-based program Naviance to high schools students throughout the County.
- Offer a full high school program for students who have been expelled, are incarcerated, on probation, or are battling drug and alcohol issues.
- Early Childhood Services program provides early childhood special education services, state funded preschools and childcare services for 3-12 year olds.
- NCOE’s Community Programs provide After School, Prevention, Health & Wellness, and Volunteer Services for K-12 grade students.
- Informative parent workshops on a variety of topics ranging from brain development and media, childhood nutrition, high school career planning and helping students prevent bullying.
- Home accessibility to ed1stop online resources.
- Do you know the building blocks of development that help young people grow up healthy, caring and responsible? Check out these 40 recommended development assets.
- Statewide training for AmeriCorps staff to support schools and communities.
- Statewide training for special education administrators and teachers
- Research work including assisting California with developing an approach for measuring the developmental progress of young children with disabilities and a set of research-based interventions for use with autistic and spectrum disorder youth.
- Supports the regional Early Childhood Mental Health systems by promoting inter-agency collaboration and the sharing, development and propagation of ideas, resources, and best practices to improve the long-term social-emotional health and well-being of infants and young children in Napa, Sonoma, and Solano Counties.