Napa County Teacher of the Year
Selection of the 2016 Teacher of the Year (Spring 2015)
Nominations for the Napa County Teacher of the Year 2016 are now closed. The finalists and Teacher of the Year will be announced in May 2015.
If you are a nominated teacher – your application letter, participation agreement and principal evaluation are due by APRIL 15.
Contact Seana Wagner with NCOE at 265-2351 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What Makes a Teacher of the Year?
Mark Teeters, Choral Music Instructor, Vintage High School 2009 Napa County and California Teacher of the Year
- Conveys content knowledge, delivers it creatively and in a differentiated fashion to engage students, and influences student learning as reflected in their measurable achievements.
- Has influence beyond the classroom and into their school community.
- Maintains a student-centered perspective.
- Inspires through commitment as a lifelong learner and models dedication to continued learning.
- Focuses on building relationships that transform and empower students, parents, and community.
- Dedicated to the belief that all children can achieve.
Past Teachers of the Year